Except, of course, that the ones who need to hear them aren’t the ones who attend tutorials.
- An essay is an argument, not a collection of ideas you think are interesting
- If you misuse a semi-colon, I will not trust anything else you have said
- I’m sure an ancient poetic mastermind is delighted that you think their work is clever
- What did you think would happen when you handed in an essay that didn’t even mention the question?
- About.com is not an oracle, good fucking god
- I’m fascinated by your ability to discern exactly what an ancient author wanted to do at every point of the text
- Do you really think Sophocles wrote in English and was published in 2008
- You were definitely told how to do this
The featured image is a detail from the Sistine Chapel ceiling of Michelangelo, featuring Prophet Joel and a facial expression I empathise with.